Let's be right up front about this. I am starting a blog to help promote my DJ business. I live in a beautiful place where people like to get married, I am an accomplished DJ with years of service in a variety of capacities, and I would like to combine these states of affairs in such a way that results in more cash in my pocket. Perhaps this is a bit crass for some people, but I do hope to entertain and enlighten along the way. I do not expect to get money for nothing. This being a pronouncedly capitalist society in which we live -- it is understood that people need to get value for their expenditures. I hope that by being up front about my motivation, I can remove some of the stress and unease that can come from client-service provider interactions.
Now, with the capitalist cards on the table, let it be noted that there are other reasons for me to get bloggy. Not the least of which is that my wife is very into this whole self-publishing thing, or at least she was before she started to turn pro at it. See, there it is again. One cannot escape financial realities, and working for a living will always trump not getting paid for what you do, at least for most of us. Anyway, perhaps I can look a little cooler in my loved one's eyes if I can show her that I am at least a little involved with some of the things that she spends all of her time doing.
The final motivation for my current blogitude which I will go into at the present time is that I think that I might actually have something to say. I know that is a bold claim, and that most people who write probably do so because they think they have something to say, but at the same time, having something to say clearly doesn't seem to be a requirement to have a blog. It is this final point which allows me to engage in this process without fear of absurdity. So much is written on the web every day about so little, that to actually have something to add to the conversation would seem to be entirely superfluous. This very post itself would seem to be a case in point, as it is really just an exercise to test the technology and introduce myself to the blogosphere.
To sum up the salient points, I am a professional DJ who is ready, willing and able to be hired for your special occasion of any kind. I would be more than happy to fill you in on the technical details of my competence, although I am sure that future editions of this blog will include many details of my musical exploits all designed to get you to part with some of your hard earned (or ill-begotten) cash.
BTW, if you want to hear what I do on the radio, catch my stream live from 9-12 Saturday nights eastern US time at http://www.womr.org/
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment